This is a special day for the Internet Squeeze, as it is the 100th blog post that I’ve written as I continue to write the book for brick and mortar businesses who want to move to a new business model. Many companies are feeling the internet squeeze, and they know they need to make the change to a model that relies heavily on the internet.
As a side note, I will be taking a hiatus for a while as I complete my case study (that will be the focus on the last half of the book).
In order to celebrate reaching our 100th blog post milestone, I thought I would recall the top 6 blog posts thus far on the Internet Squeeze, based upon how often they have been viewed by our readers.
The Top 6 Blog Posts On The Internet Squeeze
The following list shows the most popular offerings on The Internet Squeeze about internet marketing for brick and mortar businesses. They are good reference articles and are worth a repeat viewing if you are serious about making significant changes at your company.
- The 3 Stages Of The Internet Buyer – Most companies market to the wrong type of buyer on the internet, hitting the buyer when they are not prepared to buy. This article shows how to reach the buyer, for differing reasons, at the three different stages of their buying process. This is the biggest contributor to the Internet Squeeze effect, because it reduces the effectiveness of the sales force.
- Social Media – The Shopping Mall Analogy – Many traditional brick and mortar business owners have no idea what social media is and how it can be used effectively to grow their business. This analogy compares many different social media sites to the types of stores you would find in a mall, and makes it easier to understand if and how a social media strategy would make sense for a brick and mortar business.
- What Every Internet Marketer Would Do If… – As 100 internet marketing professionals what they would do differently if they could start all over again, and you would get the same answer from most of them. This article examines what that answer is and why they would choose to do it differently.
- Building Backlinks: Learn From The Littl… – Building backlinks is a major part of the search engine optimization process, and most businesses have no idea about the right and wrong ways this should be done. But there is a group of people who are doing it right, and brick and mortar businesses can learn a lot from them.
- Do Your Website Visitors Know Something … – Every brick and mortar business knows that you can learn a lot from your customers, and the same is true online. This article addresses the lessons and methodologies that you can use to learn how to better reach your customer on the internet and reduce the effect of the Internet Squeeze.
- Waiting For Thesis 2.0 – The Thesis Theme for WordPress allows brick and mortar business owners to establish an inexpensive content marketing solution that is second to none. If you are waiting on the new version, you are missing both savings and opportunities. Push back the Internet Squeeze with a dynamic, content marketing plan using the Thesis Theme for WordPress.
The Internet Squeeze 100
I hope this review of the top 6 blog posts on the Internet Squeeze was worthy of the 100th blog post position. If you review these articles, you will be well on your way to understanding the Internet Squeeze and what your brick and mortar business needs to do to successfully conduct your business on the internet.